Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 3, 2024

The Dope Show

 

Oh My God.

It feels so good to be doing this on my computer from my new place. It took me a couple days to get internet set up but here we are. Sadly, I cannot find my damn remote and my daughter can't find hers so no TV yet but I am hoping we'll track them down either at our old place or in a box. That's how I found the cord to my computer to charge my laptop.

But I digress. It still looks like it blew up in our apartment but I have changed my goal for the day. Today, I am simply trying to go through every box and pile said boxes in the areas they will go in; dining room table, coffee table, files (computer area), bedroom, etc.

That's today.

And hanging up a few things as well as long as I can find our nails. 

I'm stopping at 6 no matter what. Then, bath because I'm already sore again and a bunch of "shit" meaning figuring out all my passwords because I got a new phone and it's being nightmarish and I need to get a bunch of things up and running, all my emails, etc. 

So, yeah...I've already put a healthy dent in things. My goal for tomorrow evening after work will be to hang up more shit, that's it. My goal for the weekend, considering I have to work both days, is to put together the two coffee tables and the two kitty towers. I'm going to have to take apart the computer table at my roommate's in order to get it in my car so I'd like to do that and get everything over for the whole "office" set up. We will be so close at that point. I have brought nothing in the way of bakeware, etc. and that's gonna be one helluva bitch but I also know I have to go easy on myself. I want to push myself like I'm 20, my mind says, "Girl, you should be able to do this" but my body goes, "aww helllll naw."

Fuck you body.

I am going through a lot right now. This job has to go. It's literally eating me up inside; physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Love the residents, like the coworkers, hate the fucking job.

It's a total shitshow and while it may seem often that I thrive on the shitshow, I actually don't. It's better for me when things are linear, organized, well planned and thought out.

I guess I gotta do something about it, bitching on my blog ain't gonna change shit. I'm just pissed that this place didn't work out. First, the maintenance guy and all his bullshit. You know, in our personal lives we get to pick whose in it, in our work lives, unless we are fully self-employed, we do not.

I struggle with people. I guess you know, it's good to admit that. I have always struggled with people because I'm not an "in the box" kindof girl. I have "stuff". And I do know that we all have stuff but I'm much more amenable to people who are on the journey and who are self-aware or are at least becoming self aware.

I have high ideals and I forget that to some, I am the problem and they don't like me.

But yeah, the lack of direction and training finally caught up to me and if I'm gonna work in a shitshow, it's gonna be a shitshow I can wrap my head around. 

That song by Marilyn Manson, the dope show, change it to the shitshow:

We're all stars now
In the Shitshow

That's been going round and round in my head all day.

Right round baby right round.

I have other things to write about but not now. I have a chicken pot pie in the oven, a cat purring like a freight train on my lap and an apartment to get unpacked.

I may or  may not be back tonight. But I will be back tomorrow.

Tell someone you love them today, best if in person. Look them in the eye, even if it makes you cry and tell them you love them and you are so happy they live in your shitshow and that you have them to go through it with.

Be Blessed my darlings.

Love & Light,
Neecie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Feeling Manageable

 Hello again, Going for a twofer today. Like I mentioned in this morning's blog, I am struggling. I decided to post this as I go. Simply...