Total Pageviews

Friday, October 4, 2024

Distractions

 

Good Morning!

And it is! It's so cold outside, I'm in love with the weather right now.

In the forecast, it does say that in the next ten days, temps will hit 80 twice but I'm OK with that. The point is, we seem to finally be headed down instead of these heatwaves that are torture for me.

So I checked the forecast just now and it seems I misspoke. It'll be hitting 85 a week from today. This shit ain't normal. This isn't "weather patterns".

But it is what it is.

Back to work today. I'd rather not please.

LOL, no choice.

I'll just do the best I can. 

Yesterday. I got so much done. So much. But I can't stop now. Tonight's goals: Get my bedroom as done as it can be and then I decided I just really want to try and put the coffee table together. My daughter and I were watching TV last night and it would've been really nice to have something to set our drinks on. 

But yeah, knocked it out of the park. I think my goal of getting done by Sunday PM, at least as done as it can be until I get the remaining things from my roommate's, can be, then that'll be a very good thing. We're close, so close.

So I was talking with one of my besties last night, telling her some of the things that are going on where I work and telling her some of the things they have me doing and she was blown away. Especially at the fact that I am doing MOD (manager on duty) this weekend. I have no license. I'm not a caregiver and I'm not a social worker. So many things could go wrong, I mean I'm gonna do it but I'm not thrilled about it. I'm scared to do it.

She also wondered why we don't have a staffing coordinator and resident relations person. 

She's worked in this field for at least 20 years. And she's an Executive Director so she knows her stuff when it comes to senior care living facilities.

I trust her completely.

I'm not going to lie, it was a relief to hear this from her. The one thing she did say was she understands the point of view of my employer as to getting to close to the residents, spending too much time with them, etc. So having heard that from her too, I'll work on that for sure but the rest of it...she agreed with me. She was shocked to hear about the MOD thing and the fact that they've got me, as an admin assistant doing customer service checks too. Again, because I'm not a caregiver. How do I know what they're doing wrong, if they are at all. The only thing I'll really be able to assess is how they are treating the resident while they do what they do but I'll deal with it.

Another thing she told me is to consider getting Shrm certified. Shrm is an HR organization and one I've wanted to have a membership in but certification is a bit more expensive. However, the cost is much less than a college degree and would be a huge benefit for me when applying for HR positions since that's what I really want to do. 

So, I will be looking into that sometime in the near future, possibly with the New Year. 

Anyways, I just literally heard from my ex after a year of making original contact. I hope his account didn't get hacked. It sounds like him but you never know.

OK, now I'm distracted.

I better get ready for work. I left food in the damn car last night and I'm hoping it was cold enough out that none of it spoiled. Just too damn busy I guess. Things drop out of my head but I swore I brought it, maybe I left it at my roommates. I'll check on the way in to work.

Yikes, sorry I'm sortof all over the place. The email from my ex (if it is my ex), threw me off. I need to go in and change my password, etc. I don't fully trust this.

Be Safe.

Be Blessed.

Love & Light,

Neecie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Feeling Manageable

 Hello again, Going for a twofer today. Like I mentioned in this morning's blog, I am struggling. I decided to post this as I go. Simply...