Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Rekindled? No

 

Good Morning!

Ah, well, the report of what I accomplished last night. I managed to almost finish my room and to get two loads of laundry, which now need to be folded and put away, done.

I sent off a long email to my new friend, old boyfriend, John. He had sent one to me sortof outlining his life in the past 30 years, so I did the same. Hey, let the ugly hang out there, it is what it is. 

He's an interesting person, he makes a ton of money doing 40+ hours a week doing Uber and door dash, he also works at Walmart part time. He's basically always working. He said he makes enough doing that to have paid off his child support debt and to buy a new truck for cash.

I can't judge. He's doing something I wouldn't do. I wouldn't have the discipline, it'd be too easy to take time off or say, "not today."

He's very articulate. He writes beautifully, but he always did.

It's so weird. For years, I wondered what might happen if we reconnected and you know, I don't think I want more than a friendship. This has not rekindled my "inner fires" so to speak.

I do think there's a journey in this and I do think I have to be cautious and kind with his feelings but I don't think this is going to be, oh you know, after 37 years apart, I reunite with my first love kind of thing.

I'm just glad he's sober. He went through some hard stuff but I also think I may have gotten the candy coated version, not that he's lying, just maybe not sharing the raw truth of things. 

I did. He talks about being an addict, I flat out say crackhead. Crackhead, crackhead, crackhead. I have regrets but I no longer carry shame.

And eventually, I'll probably have to remove these posts about him, if I share this part of my life with him. 

It's fine. I have a few I wrote about work, probably too much, and I should really unpublish those as well.

Ah, well, we shall see.

I wish I had more energy.

Work was OK yesterday. I got some good stuff done. 

I do know I can stay there until I find something else, thank god that this time, it's not one of those, "I'm walking out now" things. That ship too, it seems, has sailed.

But yeah, I did go through a few boxes. They just keep coming and just when I thought I had finished my room, I realized there was one more box and it's full of stuff. Nooooooo.

I took a shower and watched Sex In the City at that point.

And now...here we are. I better get moving. I'm going to stop at my roommate's before work, grab some shoes and something my daughter asked me to pick up, then head to work.

Ok, so tonight? Just that last damn box and the small kitty tower. My son is going to help me get the big TV stand box over here tomorrow but I know not when I shall commence to work on it.

Gotta go my loves.

Have a great day!!!

Be Blessed.

Love & Light,

Neecie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Feeling Manageable

 Hello again, Going for a twofer today. Like I mentioned in this morning's blog, I am struggling. I decided to post this as I go. Simply...