Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Idealizing & Pedestals

 

Hi Everyone,

Ah, I went in to work yesterday, got there by 8 and left at 12 and have to do it again and then work a full work week.

No fun, no fun.

I was pretty pooped yesterday. When I got back from work, I took a nap and it took me awhile to get things moving so I did not finish all I wanted to.

I need to see if my son is willing to meet me over at my roommates at some point to get the big, heavy TV stand I got and help me get it into my car and then into my apartment.

I'm not putting it together today but it'd be good to have it here. I did get over to my roomies yesterday and picked up one of the little bookshelves I had over there. After work, I'll get the other one. I have a big list for today since I was so tired yesterday. I'm a little stressed that things aren't done but I'm giving myself grace as well.

I have to. I'm not 20, as established in a previous blog. My body is like, "what are you doing to me?" I literally had to force myself to do bougie bath last night. I'm so glad I did. It felt wonderful.

And I did put some things away.

I was so mad because I did a Target pickup and I had ordered nails and instead I got a thing of screws. I forgot to order garbage bags so another order is in order for today. It never ends, the shit we need.

But I also went to Chuck N Don's to pick up our cat food and they were closed. Since Covid, everything around here closes earlier than it used to. I had just enough dry food to feed them this morning so I have to go do that too.

So I did email my ex back. I haven't heard anything. It's funny, how quickly this monster inside me rears it's head and how easily distracted it becomes.

I realized yesterday that I need to keep my wits about me. This most likely is not a love connection. I say I don't want that and then one guy pays some attention and I'm suddenly curious and while I wouldn't say interested in pursuing something, all the "thoughts" come; too many of them.

Realistically, if I look back, I was one who broke up with him and there were reasons for that. And years later, when I went out to see him, he chose not to see me because at that point, I had gained all this weight and I had to tell him and he didn't want to see me. He wanted to remember me the way I was. I was crushed. 

I'm not that girl now, regardless of my weight. I don't sit at the table begging for scraps.

We were young. People change. I do know for a fact that he made a lot of bad choices in his life. I know that I did too. I know that I have changed not only that, but who I am in general. He may have done the same but the bottom line is that I do not know this person.

Yes, I would love it if he wrote back, but it's not necessary for me to go in living my life to the fullest.

I just know that I tend to idealize people and then they fall from the shaky pedestal I put them on and I blame them. I have no idea what his life is now.

So yeah, kinda came through that one quickly. 

Alright, I have a few things to do before work, so I'm gonna get moving and get there. The sooner I get there, the sooner I get done and the sooner I have to get home and see if I can get a huge dent in the apartment unpacking, etc.

Perhaps I will have good things, productive things, to report tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day.

Be Blessed.

Love & Light,

Neecie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Feeling Manageable

 Hello again, Going for a twofer today. Like I mentioned in this morning's blog, I am struggling. I decided to post this as I go. Simply...