Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Busted & Disgusted

 

Hi Everyone,

Well, you'll always know when I'm not blogging from my laptop because I don't have my new logo saved on google, which I should do.

Yesterday was a bitch. There's no nice way to say it. Work was a shit show. I came in and the only phones working were mine and my boss's.

That eventually got resolved. One of the things that's on my plate is the weekly scheduling of staff. I'll say it again, there's simply no reason I should be doing this. I'm an admin, I'm not a scheduler. Hire a staffing coordinator to get people scheduled and to get them hired. 

This is all about corporate greed. It really is. It's about combining positions and giving people so much to do that there simply is no quality of life while at work.

Let's be extra stingy and not give employees two days for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. It's been so long that I've worked for a "for profit" company, I forgot that in this country, for profit usually means use your people until they're so used up, they got nothing.

I am applying tonight for another county job. It's a little less pay but it's 24 days of PTO, all holidays, and the ability to work from home at least one day a week.

I can't not apply for this.

Oh, and it's literally about 5 minutes from home.

So on the days I do go in, the drive would be minimal, which saves me in gas. Gas has not gone back down to where it was. I doubt if it ever will.

Meanwhile, my day...so yeah, the scheduling. I can't do it at my desk because you have to really pay attention to the details and it's too busy up front but my laptop won't give me access to certain things, my coworker's computer said that my account has been disabled, yet here I am on my computer...not disabled. I was finally able to work on my coworker's laptop, in her office and I got it done.

I don't want to do this. I just don't. It's something that I feel increases my value and I should therefore get paid more to do this. I am an admin but I'm also the scheduler. Two jobs, one person.

You guys, I'm literally farting at my desk. They are just coming out of me. Luckily, they don't smell. I got those ones out of the way this morning.

My roommate texted me to me his fridge was getting stinky and needed attention so I told him I'd swing by this morning and empty it out.

Then when I got home yesterday, I got a call from my apartment office. I got busted for smoking on my deck. I played dumb and said I didn't know we couldn't smoke because when we lived there before, we could. But then they also mentioned the smell of weed. I don't smoke but my daughter does. So I played dumb on that one too. We were both a little salty but the bottom line is...they are right and we are wrong. We can feel however we want to about that, but they are right and we are wrong. So it'll probably be a good thing. I only smoked two cigs last night. My daughter went out with a new friend last night and got back sometime after one. I was up til 2 something. I didn't take anything to sleep last night. I'm trying to fool my body so that it always wants to sleep but anyways, I was up when she got home and so she told me about her night, she had a great time and I'm happy for her. But I wanted a smoke too and I contemplated sneaking one on my patio but decided it wasn't worth getting a lease infraction so I went outside to the designated smoking area. I probably woke the whole complex with my coughing but it is what it is. They didn't set a timeframe on when we can smoke so...there you have it.

But that took the wind out of my sails. I felt like a little kid getting a talking to by the principal. So I really didn't do shit last night. I have a mighty list for tonight and I hope with all I am that I can get it done. Or at least have the energy to do some of it.

Tomorrow night, I need to go over to my roomie's and pack all my makeup to prepare for getting the vanity over to my place. I mean there is truly and honestly a chance that I will be done by this weekend, not just with unpacking the place but in cleaning it for the first time. 

Just push through girlie. 

I am hoping work is a little bit no so nuts today so I can maybe do some of what I have on schedule for after work, done during work, thus this blog. I try not to do to much of that but again, is what it is.

I'm OK.

I'm better than in survival mode so that's good. 

I hope you all have a great day!

Be Blessed.

Love & Light,

Neecie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Feeling Manageable

 Hello again, Going for a twofer today. Like I mentioned in this morning's blog, I am struggling. I decided to post this as I go. Simply...