Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 22, 2024

What I Deserve From Myself

 

Hi Everyone,

Wow, yesterday was steadily busy. I never felt overwhelmed though. I had to keep talking myself off the ledge of anxiety.

And it was fine. 

I drove out to a town in Wisconsin, it's about a 2.5 hour drive to pick up a gentleman whose daughter was getting married and to bring him home (where I work). It was a beautiful drive, stunning scenery and sometimes the sun was out and sometimes, partially out but surrounded by dark storm clouds. It was gorgeous and on the drive home, we were both ooooing and ahhhhing over how lovely the evening sky was.

The whole thing was a new experience for me and I enjoy most "experiences"...

Today, I did not go roller skating. God, it's 2:19 and I'm already exhausted. I didn't get enough sleep, which I guess I'm not surprised about.

But I got up early, went to Walmart, then went grocery shopping, then started cooking. I made meatballs, sauce and baked ziti. This ziti is the best I've ever made.

I'm about to make Pumpkin Bars and chicken parmesan. 

I brought some of the meatballs and ziti to a resident at my work. She was so happy, she gave me some dinner rolls and a cinnamon like....doughnut. She absolutely will not take anything from me without also giving me something. I take what she offers, as it makes her feel good. Today, she gave me the rolls and the doughnut.

I don't tell you all these things to "toot my own horn"...I just...it makes me feel so good to do these things. No one is more surprised about this than me, trust me. And it's not that I was as horrid as I made myself out to previously be.

But other than the chicken parm and pumpkin bars, I'm going to chill out on the doing for others thing for the time being. Just because I have so much to do in my own life and I need to be able to dedicate time to that. 

Doing good for others is one way to feel good about myself but I need to really focus on treating myself the way I treat others. I need to treat myself well because I know I deserve that from myself.

So, things are moving along. I wanted to get in a blog today but need to keep moving.

The rest of the week is nutso so we'll see what happens with me blogging.

Just know if I don't write, I'm OK.

Be Blessed.

Love & Light,

Neecie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Feeling Manageable

 Hello again, Going for a twofer today. Like I mentioned in this morning's blog, I am struggling. I decided to post this as I go. Simply...