Total Pageviews

Monday, August 12, 2024

Be Present

 

Good Morning!!

How is everyone this Monday AM? It's back to the grind, right? I'm trying to not look at that in the negative. I'm trying to look at it as a stepping stone to bigger things. I'm trying to look at it as temporary, a means to an end. My time will come.

I had a great weekend. Saturday, even though it's not an exercise day, I went for a walk. I had a list, I know we've talked about that and I didn't finish it, but I came close and that was OK. I let it go. 

You guys, I finally made the lotion. It's a good one. It's pretty light weight but moisturizing. I'll be making body butters for people who want to pack a bigger punch into their routine. 

I usually use lotion in the AM and a butter in the PM.

Anyways, it was the most humbling thing. I cried. Happy tears. I have procrastinated doing this, probably out of fear that it wouldn't work. But I did it, and it worked. I'm going to take it to work today and have the gals try it and see what they have to say.

So I went to bed feeling pretty damn grateful, a little bit of healthy pride, and content.

That word though...content. Content is good. It's peaceful, it's calm, it's not "high". I like not high.

Yesterday, I woke up simply knowing my day would be good. It would be busy but it would be good and it was so much more than that.

I went for a walk, I did some of the things that I didn't get done on Saturday, I did my makeup, I went rollerskating, I talked to Erin for about 25 minutes, I went axe throwing with my son, then I met up with two of my tribe, Tracy and Andrea, and we saw the play "Kinky Boots" and it was so amazing. There's a little theatre in Anoka right on main street and I've always wanted to go see a play there. Andrea invited me as she lives down south and flew up. So she, Tracy and I went and we loved it. It really was fabulous.

Then I came home, picked up my daughter and we went back into downtown Anoka (it's literally 2 minutes from me) and had mexican for dinner. 

I came home and showered and put on a sheet mask facial and layed in my daughter's bed and watched an episode of Sex And the City. We laughed.

I love that show. If you have watched it, comment on the blog post on my Willow's Whimsy page and tell me your favorite episode. Both my daughter and I love the episode where Aidan and Carrie are staying in the woods in a cabin and Big comes and him and Aidan get in a fight. It's so funny.

Anyways, I was absolutely exhausted. I went to bed at 8:15!!!

I slept good. See, I'm learning that I don't need meds. I'm learning that I can do this sleep thing with consistency and dedication. I just have to stay busy until an hour before bed time and then I halt everything and force myself not to go to sleep but to read or to watch a show or whatever and give it an hour so my body realizes what's happening and I just sortof let my tiredness wash over me.

I don't know, is there a theme to this post? I think I'm just saying, do what you gotta do, don't procrastinate, throw yourself into whatever you do, be present for it.

I am so grateful for the entire day and for the opportunity to hang out with my son.

So here I go; yes, I walked this morning, I did a little ab workout and I did some yoga for my back. I meditated!

I'll tell you all about today...tomorrow.

I truly hope you all have an amazing day. I hope you feel some joy. I hope you feel some peace. 

Be Blessed.

Love & Light,

Neecie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Feeling Manageable

 Hello again, Going for a twofer today. Like I mentioned in this morning's blog, I am struggling. I decided to post this as I go. Simply...